DEEP SILVER CREATOR COLLECTIVE
If you’re looking for information on the Deep Silver Creator Collective, please click here
This statement applies for the products under the Deep Silver and Ravenscourt game labels.
Thank you for your interest in our products. We are happy to permit the creation, upload, and monetization of videos of our products on video and streaming platforms, although monetization is used exclusively to mean advertising and commercials on your channel. Any further exploitation of our products, such as sublicensing to third parties, is expressly prohibited. You are welcome to tag us when sharing in social networks.
Please observe the following rules:
// No racism, sexism, or other illegal content, such as insults or hate messages
// No links to illegal content, in particular websites or service providers whose business model consists of enabling copyright infringement (e.g. illegal downloads)
// No commercial exploitation apart from placing advertising
// Channel operators must be at least the age recommended for the game
Each violation will result in a termination of our permission, and the corresponding content will have to be deleted from the channels. In addition, we reserve the right to revoke our permission at any time and have the content deleted.
It is prohibited to link to, reference, or advertise websites of key sellers which offer product keys.
We would like to advise you that you alone are responsible for ensuring the publication of your video complies with applicable local laws in each case.
In addition, we would like to inform you that we will not take steps against YouTube if your videos are deleted – this applies particularly if music from third parties was used.
PUBLISHER/DEVELOPER GAMING CONTENT GUIDELINES
We are passionate about allowing our streamers the freedom to express themselves whilst enjoying the games we create. To ensure that you do so fairly, and in line with intellectual property, specifically copyright rules, we have set out the additional guidelines for the use of gameplay and screenshots from our games (“Gaming Content”).
- You may create, upload, livestream and monetise videos on online live streaming websites (e.g. Twitch, YouTube) using our Gaming Content, but only using the authorised Monetization Methods (including advertising and partner programs of live streaming services and available to the public for free). Other forms of monetization of the Gaming Content and/or our intellectual property for commercial purposes are not permitted (including granting access to our content for payment of any kind) or licensing our content to another company for a fee of any kind.
- You may only use our Gaming Content which has been officially released to the public by us, or from promotional materials officially released (such as product trailers). Do not post spoilers which ruin the experience for others.
- You should include your own creative input and commentary on our Gaming Content. It is not permitted to make videos and images that just contain mere copies and/or extracts of our Gaming Content and/or intellectual property without any of your creative input or commentary.
- If you want to use the intellectual property of a third party (e.g music) together with our Gaming Content, you are responsible for obtaining any necessary third-party permissions. Please note that some game soundtracks or songs may not be owned by us, but instead are licensed from an artist. As this varies from game to game, please be aware that music may trigger content flags and potential removal of the video. Game soundtracks may not be posted or distributed separately and apart from game footage.
- You are not permitted to imply or state that you and/or your videos are officially affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed or approved by us.
- We reserve the right to remove any content that we believe is unlawful, infringing, inappropriate, or not in line with these Guidelines at any time.
We will update these Guidelines from time to time. Please refer to the latest version before sharing your content.
We hope that the above Guidelines are set out clearly. However, please understand that we will not be able to respond to individual enquiries regarding these Guidelines. If you still have questions, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions set out below:
- What content is acceptable under the Guidelines? Additionally, what content is not acceptable?
We encourage you to use our Gaming Content in videos and images that feature your creative input and commentary. However, you may not simply upload or livestream an existing video, gameplay footage without your own creative input, or a copy of content created by someone else without their express permission and please do not post spoilers.
- Do the Guidelines cover video uploads or livestreams as well?
These Guidelines cover both uploads and livestreams.
- What exactly are the “Monetization Methods” as referred to in the Guidelines?
Streamers can monetise their streams on services such as Twitch (e.g. the Twitch “Affiliate” or “Partner” programs). Please see the websites of the respective service for further details on what these mean and whether you are eligible for either model. We are not responsible for monetization through the services and have no affiliation with the services.
- Can I sell content that I create and upload or livestream on a sharing service if it includes your content or other creator content?
No, you may not sell any videos, music or images that you have created using our content or any other unauthorised IP content of a third party.
- What about corporate entities, do the Guidelines apply to them?
The Guidelines are only applicable to individual streamers.
- Will there be cases where we will remove content from sharing services?
Yes, we reserve the right to remove any content that we believe is unlawful, infringing, inappropriate, or not in line with these Guidelines. In some cases, we may take down videos on behalf of our third-party partners and in line with our End User License Agreement and Terms of Service.
- What do you mean by content that is “unlawful, infringing, or inappropriate”?
Examples of unlawful, infringing, or inappropriate content includes some of the following, although these are given for guidance only and there may be others as set out in more detail in our ToS:
- Content that infringes any of our intellectual property rights, our developers or any other third party intellectual property rights;
- Content that violates any applicable laws or regulations;
- Content that features pirated software.
- General Information:
Thank you very much for your interest in our products. Subject to the following terms and conditions, we are permitting the creation, uploading and monetization of content containing our products (including sequences thereof) and brands (hereinafter also referred to as “Property”) on the relevant video and streaming and/or social media platforms (“Content”).
We expressly emphasize the fact that the right to use and monetarize our Property is only allowed in connection with your Content and through your own channel/social media account. Any other use of our Property, including, but not limited to, selling or sublicensing our Property, use of the Property for other purposes than creating your Content etc., is strictly prohibited.
- Guidelines And Rules
The following guidelines and rules apply to all Deep Silver and Ravenscourt products provided by us to you without additional charge for the purpose of creating Content for your channel:
a. Advertising campaigns always have to be clearly identifiable as such: Please always pay great attention to use clear terms in your local language, such as “Advertisement” in English speaking countries and “Werbung” or “Anzeige” in Germany at the beginning of the post and/or of you content and clearly visible for the viewer.
b. Whenever there is a payment or similar arrangement (like free of charge delivery), please label your post accordingly and always keep in mind: the influencer/content creator and the brand both can be held accountable for covert advertising and can be subject to substantial fines, including removal of your channel/account from the respective platform.
c. You are responsible for your content. Always observe and comply with your local law. Violation of any law will result in withdrawal of this consent and you shall not be allowed to use any of our Property for you Content.
d. Particularly, always respect copyrights and trade mark rights. Never use our or third parties copyright protected works or trademarks without necessary permission.
Furthermore observe the following rules:
a. No racism, sexism, or other illegal content, such as insults or hate messages.
b. No links to illegal content, in particular websites or service providers whose business model is mainly about enabling copyright infringement (e.g. illegal downloads).
c. No commercial exploitation apart from advertising/ promotion.
d. Channel operators must comply with the corresponding age rating of the displayed videogame.
e. It is expressly prohibited to link, reference, or advertise websites of key resellers who offer product keys of any of our products.
WE ARE IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE OR SHALL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOUR CONTENT AND YOUR CHANNEL. BY USING OUR PRODUCTS AND BRANDS FOR YOUR CHANNEL YOU HEREWITH AGREE TO KEEP YOURSELF ALWAYS INFORMED ABOUT THE APPLICABLE LEGAL REQUIREMENTS IN YOUR RESPECTIVE COUNTRY AND ALWAYS ABIDE TO THE APPLICABLE LAW.
- Violation and Termination
a. Each violation may result in the withdrawal of our permission to use our products and brands in your content and the corresponding content has be to removed immediately from your channels/accounts. In addition, we reserve the right to revoke our given permission at any time and without specific reasons.
b. Lastly we would like to inform you that we will not contact or otherwise take any action against or support your claim against platforms (e.g. YouTube) if your content is blocked and/or removed by the platform itself – this applies especially if music from third parties is used in your Content.
Enjoy our videogames – we are looking forward to see your content!